“CSR v. ESG and How to Reduce Risk: Nir Kossovsky, cofounder and CEO of Steel City Re, the leading provider of financial reputation assurance solutions, speaks with host Richard Levick of LEVICK about the rewards of risk management disclosures, CSR and ESG challenges.”Corporate Counsel Business Journal
March 10, 2021
“Discussing the rewards of risk management disclosures, CSR and ESG challenges.”
Click on Listen (below) for full podcast (no paywall).
Reputation risk management integrates intelligence, controls and communications.
Reputation is Mission-Critical
A management program for ethics and compliance can forestall prosecution and mitigate fines. Similarly, oversight of “mission- critical” issues can forestall securities litigation. A program for reputation resilience, comprising both risk management and insurance (reinsurance)-authenticated oversight for all that is mission-critical, can create value in many ways. To this end, Steel City Re offers a Reputation Resilience Program.
Having a robust Reputation Resilience Program in place offers, amongst other benefits:
- Protection for the company, its staff, executives, and board from litigation and regulatory challenges
- Improved governance processes and better enterprise risk management protocols; i.e., measuring reputational risk
- Establishment of an agile operating, communications, and decision-making team, with clear roles and responsibilities, trained and ready to handle all reputational threats; i.e., a reputation risk management framework
- Proactive management of risks that could give rise to delays or derailing concerns around new product and strategic partnership launches
- Captured behavioral economic value from stakeholders; i.e., value of reputation
- Reduced costs of debt and risk transfer while boosting equity value; i.e., boosting reputational value
A hazard of reputation risk is a lurking gap between stakeholder expectations and reality. Another hazard is the emotional intensity associated with expectations. The peril is anger from disappointed stakeholders. This video and this written summary explain the behavioral economic features of the many perils of reputation risk.
Illustrated Guide to Reputation Risk Management. Mitigating risk strategically through expectation management and operational adjustments evinces thoughtful management and dutiful governance. Financing such risks evinces prudence, and doing so publicly enables stakeholders to appreciate and value the effort. These comprise the core of Steel City Re’s professional services.
Illustrated Guide to Reputation Risk Management. ESG-linked reputation risks are prevalent and material. Are reinsurance and insurance for ESG-linked reputation risk part of your strategy?