NACD Summit ESG Beast
Effective risk management and governance of ethics, compliance, ESG, and reputation risks, validated by insurance, forestalls regulators, litigators, and activists. In this workshop, Steel City Re CEO Nir Kossovsky and UL Solution’s Adrian Wain convey the nuts & bolts of a an effective reputation risk strategy comprising thoughtful risk management and dutiful risk governance. Directors will find themselves in control rather than besieged by the crisis of the week.
Click on the image above to read more (No Paywall).
Steel City Re is an insurance intermediary and risk advisor for reputation and ESG-linked reputation risk. Auditors’ reports on controls are how boards can signal to regulators that their management processes are effective. Reputation and ESG insurances are how boards can signal to investors and the courts (and regulators) that their governance processes are effective.
Reputation is Mission-Critical
A management program for ethics and compliance can forestall prosecution and mitigate fines. Similarly, oversight of “mission- critical” issues–an effective reputation risk stratey–can forestall securities litigation. A program for reputation resilience, comprising both risk management and authenticated oversight for all that is mission-critical, can create value in many ways. To this end, Steel City Re offers a Reputation Resilience Program.
Having a robust Reputation Resilience Program in place offers, amongst other benefits:
- Protection for the company, its staff, executives, and board from litigation and regulatory challenges
- Improved governance processes and better enterprise risk management protocols
- Establishment of an agile operating, communications, and decision-making team, with clear roles and responsibilities, trained and ready to handle all reputational threats
- Proactive management of risks that could give rise to delays or derailing concerns around new product and strategic partnership launches
- Captured behavioral economic value from stakeholders
- Reduced costs of debt and risk transfer while boosting equity value
A hazard of reputation risk is a lurking gap between stakeholder expectations and reality. Another hazard is the emotional intensity associated with expectations. The peril is anger from disappointed stakeholders. This video and this written summary explain the behavioral economic features of the many perils of reputation risk.
NACD Summit ESG Beast. Mitigating risk strategically through expectation management and operational adjustments evinces thoughtful management and dutiful governance. Financing such risks evinces prudence, and doing so publicly enables stakeholders to appreciate and value the effort. These comprise the core of Steel City Re’s professional services.
ESG-linked reputation risks are prevalent and material. An effective reputation risk strategy is essential. Are insurances for ESG-linked reputation risk part of your strategy?